Skip to content
Engineered vs. Solid Stiles
- Engineered stiles and rails meet AWI standards for classification as a solid door.
- An engineered stile and rail system is more stable than using solid lumber because of less chance of door becoming warped.
- Less equipment is required to manufacture engineered stile and rail system doors. Parts are purchased ready to be assembled.
- Save as much as 50% on production and labor time, this improves lead-time.
- Ability to order width and length on stiles and rails make it easier to come up with a fixed cost.
- Less waste to be handled and disposed of.